Friday, October 24, 2008

Hindmarsh Island holiday pictures

We all had a great family holiday! we came home yesterday well rested.

The house we stayed in was really nice and quiet, there was a forest behind us and a vacant block of land next to us so we were pretty secluded, thats Bethany climbing on the rocks there with Ella on Marks shoulders in the background.

We quickly realised we had very frequent visitors which we fed at their demand! there were a couple of magpies and 3 ducks that stayed around until they were fed! the kids loved that especially Bethany! thats Ella and Bethany feeding the ducks, I took that picture on the last morning we were there, it wasnt even 7am yet and those ducks kept quaking and walking around the outside of the house so me being the mother duck I am I got up and we fed them!

We visited Urrimbirra wildlife park, I think that was the highlight of our holiday! we had a great time there with the kids plus there were only a few other people visiting! thats Jake with a couple of emus behind him.

Bethany loved feeding the Kangaroos, apart from this Kangaroo who was a bit impatient with Bethanys hand feeding, so he grabbed the Kangaroo food bag from her and tried to feed himself - there were quite a few tears from Bethany then! We saw crocodiles, snakes, Koalas - heaps of wildlife animals!

Here is Ella, Mark took this as we were leaving the park, we think she didnt want to walk through the bird cage again!

We didnt do too much else, took a couple of drives but we mainly just relaxed, which is what should happen on a holiday!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Wow - sounds like you had a lovely time. I can't wait to see the photos and hear all the stories. Though you may want to stay away from me for awhile as i'm very sick with a bad cold :( poor me.
I love the story of that kangaroo stealing the food bag off bethany - what a classic. I can just imagine it happening!
Hope you have a good weekend. Love em.

Karen L said...

Sounds like you had a great family holiday Natalie - just great to have this time together isn't it - this time in two weeks you will be here in Qld and I will get to meet you. Can't wait.